Supporting institutional growth
ExxonMobil PNG plays a significant role in establishing unique private public partnerships which encourage collaboration across government, private sector, civil society and donor institutions as a pathway to improved societal outcomes in line with the government’s development priorities.
Investment programs also seek to help stabilize and build community resilience and cohesion in an effort to create long term improvements for communities.
- ExxonMobil PNG is creating economic opportunities for women through livelihoods development programs and leadership and small business development.
- Educational institutions are supported through teacher training, building and refurbishing classrooms, teacher accommodation and governance and leadership training for school management boards.
- Investments in research, training for health workers, heath education and infrastructure upgrades to community health centres are delivering improved health outcomes.
- Sport is being used as a vehicle to teach young men and women important life skills like leadership, teamwork and discipline.
- Law and justice initiatives are supported through improved community infrastructure for village court systems and collaboration with the PNG government, the Hela Provincial government and the Australian government to expand the PNG-Australia Law and Justice Program into Hela province.
Economic impact Topic
TransparencyGood governance, accountability and revenue transparency are critical to ensuring that the value unlocked from gas resources in Papua New Guinea results in economic growth, increased opportunities and a better standard of living for Papua New Guineans.
Institutions Article •